Sunday, December 21, 2008

McFarland/Hobson Family Christmas

Saturday night we had our family Christmas with Brian's family. Since Carol married Carlos in 2005 our family get togethers are pretty large. Their are six kids on both side of the families, which with the spouses and kids we end up with about approximately 30 people at the functions. Which means a lot of noise and a ton of fun! The kids love having so many cousins and aunts and uncles to see. Some may think that is overwhelming, but we always have a ton of fun. Just use to big families I guess. :-) Grandma and Papa got all of the kids a set of pajamas for Christmas morning. For all of the women we got dish towels for all year round themes on them. VERY CUTE! The men all got emergency bags for their vehicles that had snacks, a tie down, water, etc., just things that you wish you had in your vehicle some times. They are always so creative and put a lot of time and thought into their gifts.Aislyn and Dawson with their new pj's. I guess I didnt get one of Alaina. She was too busy with her cousins.
Joe is recovering from back surgery and we were all happy to see him on his feet that night. He has been enjoying growing out his beard and torturing Teri with it. And yes, Grizzly Adams did have a beard!
All of us crammed together opening our gifts.
After dinner we all loaded up on the flatbed trailer and went on a hay ride caroling through the neighborhood. It was a lot of fun. There were a few neighbors that came out of their houses to see what all the noise was about. It was cold, but that many people cuddled together kept us warm.
Jared, Emmy, Dawson and I getting ready to go. No, I did not have another baby....I was watching my friend Sheri's baby, Addy. It confused several people that night.
Unfortunately Brian was the driver so he didnt get to enjoy the ride. He did have the heater though! :-)

No comments: